Take a rest as a friend, As an old memoria

Come as you are, as you were
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend
As an old enemy

Take your time, hurry up
The choice is yours, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend
As an old

Memoria, memoria
Memoria, memoria



I have been wanting to write a new post since last week, but only God knows how lazy I am. Maybe a little uninspired. Maybe. 

I am a little demotivated right now. After reading his blogs, and a sappy movie, plus Zul's not around, and felt sorry for my classic story of unemployment, and reading Grisham's old novel, I began to wonder, where does all these lead to. I mean, my life.

But I don't want to spread my weariness. Am writing this as I promised Dya to jot down some tips on going London. Not that I'm now a travel guide or Samantha Brown wannabe, but here's some things that might help out when or before one reach there. Dya, (or Far for that matter), or anyone who might think of going there someday. Be glad for the existence of Air Asia. 

I'm going to be random here. So here goes.

1. Plan your trip before going there. The least you could do is planning on where you are going on day to day basis. Especially if you are going on a short trip, say like 4 to 5 days. Don't bother to plan if you happen to stay in London for 3 months. That's another story which I can't tell.

And do spare a day or two for case which you might experience jet lag. For example, Zul and I had a full tentative of plan when we were in London last year, but for some reason, due to jet lag, we were losing one day of activities in London. We were so sleepy and unconscious for several day-hours, and when we woke up, it's already 9pm, and all connective Tubes are about to finished their last trip, most halal restaurants had closed, and obviously, no activities during night. Londoners sleep early (except for some clubbers and whatnot), I tell you.


2. Buy the Oyster card. It is very convenience for transporting in London (whether you opt for bus, or tubes, or train). 

3. Bring a kiblat compass along. It might come handy whenever you can't find mosque or musolla.

4. Perform solat, wherever you are, or how inconvenience the place is. We, Malaysian are too custom to pray only and if only we have proper telekung and mosque or musolla. Have a solat-ready attire wherever you go (cover from top to toe, clean from any hadas). Say in train, in train station, or in a park. 

5. Bring a taharah soap, just in case you encounter najis mughallazah during the trip. Just so you know, dogs are everywhere. Even in some restaurants, and trains as well. 

6. If there's tourist package offering hop-on and hop-off tour around the popular places, and it's affordable, go for it. You might want to save money to buy maps and to stay stress-free, rather than arguing with you spouse, in case both of you are map-dummies (like me), and stubborn headed. The last thing you want in a trip, or in a honeymoon, is sulking. Or mad to each other. 

7. Accomodation in London is quite pricey. Especially in peak season (summer). So book early via online, and my advice is, stay away from dormitory backpackers lodge. You don't want to repeat my very bad experience there. I'm sure you can find a nice room (for two) with separate bath for the cheapest price. Again, if money is no object, go stay in Berjaya Eden Hotel or Hilton or Marriot. 

8. Eating could be not a problem in London. There are abundance of halal eateries or falafel stalls or kebab stalls around the city. Especially in Bayswater area, where you could also find our Malaysia Hall. This place is going to be very significant for those who cannot live without kari for a day, or those who miss ikan keli and sambal belacan after 13 hours flight.

9. If you happen to be somewhere with no halal food at all, just find packaged food with 'suitable for vegetarian' sign. Reading labels was something Zul and I kinda accustomed to while we were there. 

10. Buy a strong duffel bag (beg boleh lipat-lipat), just in case you need extra luggage for things you couldn't resist to buy. We already bought one in Malaysia, but end up buying another one in St. Pancras Station. 

11. If you lost or need direction, you can always ask the officers in tubes station. They are always ready to help. 

12. Be nice to people, be nice to your spouse. Be a nice tourist.

13. Remember to keep your wallet and pasport in a safe place

14. There are several museums which are free for admission. You can look up in the internet or in tourist centre. Unless you really are interested in seeing artwork, spending time in museum could be time-consuming.

15. Don't be bothered by public display affection by most couples in tubes or train. The more you stare, the more they like to do it. I shouldn't give this tips, should I? 

16. Tips is not really necessary after service is given. UK is not tips giving country, I guess. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

17. Wear the most comfy shoes you have. Even if you want to travel in style, you might also want to consider travel corn foot-less and bunion less.

I guess that's all I got for now. Will add more if I could remember anything worth mentioning.

Come doused in mud, soaked in bleach
As I want you to be
As a trend, as a friend
As an old

Memoria, memoria
Memoria, memoria

And I swear that I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun
No I don't have a gun

Memoria, memoria
Memoria, memoria
(No I don't have a gun)

p/s: The song in my head, Come as you are, Nirvana.

Comments

Popular Posts