What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.



Grey's Anatomy
Every time I watched GA, I would feel so much mixed emotions inside. I don't know how they do it. As Marliza put it, they played it too damn good on the scripts, soundtracks, actors, and everything. As I'm approaching the several episodes towards the end, I need to blurt it out here. Because Zul doesn't want to know whatever is going on in Seattle Grace. Of course, Marliza also must be tired receiving smses from overwhelming me.

This is not relevant, but I wonder is it hard to knit? I loved seeing the shawl Izzie knitted before she underwent her first surgery. Lawanya.

Lab. And jobless.
I'm currently doing a part time job. Alhamdulillah, finally there's a place for me to do something and get paid. It's not much, but definitely something better than no job at all. And the environment is so much familiar, with the familiar apparatus and familiar tasks, and familiar smells. Even though I think I need to improve on my volume of voice (I think it's in the genes. Can't help much I guess).

Recipes
I want to share some recipes I've been cooking last week, but let me finish my marathon. By the way, I've been looking for buah cempedak around to make some fritters, but unfortunately, Bintulu people seems to prefer cempedak in it's raw version rather than ripe one. I wonder is it because they love to eat sayur so much, or is it because they don't know how tasty cempedak goreng is.

Eateries in Bintulu
I've promised Yoi to list some places in Bintulu for dinner. I'm not sure when he/she is coming, but I hope I'm not too late. Here's some of my suggestions, and please be noted that my taste could differ from others, please don't expect too much.

1) Fishing Village, near Kampung Baru Bintulu. They have pretty good selection on seafoods and meat menu (like butter prawn, sotong goreng tepung, tom yam, ikan kerapu bakar berempah, kambing goreng black pepper, etc), and of course, do try some umai. They serve pretty nice umai here.

2) Anjung Selera, near Kampung Syakirin. I've tried chili crab here, and it was good. Ask for their special menu, and sizzling option is pretty good too.

3) PJ Corner, opposite Regency Hotel in the middle of Bintulu Town. They serve the usual fare of kedai mamak, and from I heard they serve some pretty decent roti nan with tandoori chicken. FYI, we Bintulu people would appreciate anything that reminds us of semenanjung food. From Bintulu people I mean, us. Me and Zul.

4) Popular, at Medan Shophouses area, behind Sing Kwong the supermarket. They have nice selection of ABCs, ice blended drinks and you must try Teh C Special. In fact, ask for Teh C Special whenever you have the chance, in any area of Sarawak.

5) Things you should try in Bintulu (or Sarawak) are Laksa Sarawak, Bubur Pedas, Umai, and bring back home Belacan Sarawak, Kek Lapis Sarawak and Nenas Sarawak. If your luggage can make some more space, fit it some Lobster, Ikan Terubuk (non-salty), udang kering, buah salak, and kura-kura. Ok, maybe not nenas and kura-kura.

I can't think of any places else for this time, but I think these should be enough. I'm not satisfied with this one because we don't have proper visual-aid. Next time, maybe. Yoi, I hope this will help.

Oh, by the way, the title is of course, a quote from Meredith Grey, with the full one saying 'Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.'






Comments

Popular Posts